Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Switzermac, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Switzermac macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2005
    I just got Qmaster and i have no idea what it is and what is it for? Please help!!
  2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    (I know i'm going to regret asking this)

Switzermac ---- why did you get it, exactly, if you don't know what it is??

Google is your friend: There are a few choices here

A print-production queue management program (unlikely)
    "QMaster is a workflow management system that provides the framework under which program execution and data file transfers can be initiated and controlled. Using either the web-server or LAN based administration GUIs, QMaster provides a centralised view of all jobs and devices. It can be used simply to automate single print requests, or it can be the engine under which the decisions within a complex environment are made and executed."

An online conversation/chat kind of thing (unlikely)
    "It's not here yet, but we're working on it!... now seeking BETA TESTERS"

A DNA/RNA synthesizer (very unlikely unless you are part of the secret Swiss eidelweiss cloning project :D )
    "The QMaster CG is a Custom DNA/RNA synthesizer designed to operate with superior efficiency at scales in the 0.25 to 5mmole range. A variety column geometries and resin loadings can provide an increased synthesis range."

Apple Qmaster 2 software for distributed rendering of Shake projects (This looks likely)
    "Apple Qmaster 2.0 adds significant features for distributing render tasks across a Mac OS X network. Schedule use of desktop computers during off-hours, distribute the rendering of QuickTime files and auto-mount storage devices on remove servers."

Edit: OK it makes more sense in the context of FinalCut Studio
    Qmaster is also used by DVD Studio Pro 4 for distributed encoding. It doesn't help you at all unless you have a network of machine to harness in doing large projects.

You may want to look at training ans support resources for FCP here
  3. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2005
    It came With Final Cut Studio. Thanks for the information.