QR Code

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cavebob, Oct 11, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Aug 28, 2007
    Is anyone here familiar with QR code? Im trying to find a good free QR code reader program for my MBP.

Can anyone help?

2. macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2007
  3. macrumors newbie

Nov 24, 2010
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 9, 2010
    The big question everyone should be asking, is why? This seems in direct conflict with how QR codes work and should be used. I am failing to see the point of needing it on a machine, as you would already be on the page? A quick way to turn links into QR codes is thru goo.gl. Makes a QR code for each url you shorten and has some analytics with it as well.

Not bashing the idea, just curious the use for it with a MBP? I mean hold one up to the camera and snap a pic and use it that way?

Anyways, I have some experience with them.

Here is a link to my website: http://gogomediaworks.com/qr-codes

Feel free to read up on it some if you like. Not selling you anything just a tad bit of info on there.

Anyways, I'd love to hear you planned use for them on a MBP.
  5. macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2011
    Using QR Codes on MBP

Let's say I am working at my Mac Book Pro with a magazine in hand, or a business card, either of which might have a QR code printed on in. Also, let's say I don't have a cell phone handy, and even if I do, I don't want to view the QR Code result on my cell phone, I want to view it on my computer.

I've got a handheld USB scanner handy, I just want to scan the QR code and have it give me the result on my computer.

What software exists for that, and where can I get it?
  6. macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2011
    Canada, Eh?
    no wonder the Japanese made the program first!
    if you've been to Japan, you'll see QR code in almost EVERY billboard or posters!