QT Plug-in not Recognized in Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DVDSP, Jul 9, 2003.

1. DVDSP macrumors regular

I was at www.disneyworld.com and noticed a button (in the upper right area) that says something like "View Enhanced Version - High Bandwidth".

When I click it I'm sent to a page that says I need Flash MX, QT and Acrobat Reader. The page says I'm good for Flash but need QT and Acrobat. I know I have Acrobat and I'm at QT 6.2.

What gives? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

2. seesaw macrumors newbie

At a guess -
    assuming the Quicktime plug-in is in the right place [~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins] is that you will have to turn on/off the mime preferences in the Quicktime Player [Preferences->QuickTime Preferences ->Plug In ->Mime Settings ] and it may pay to download and install the latest Flash 6 plug-in from Macromedia

hth

ps It's a hassle that Safari's Preferences don't allow you to set the Helper Applications

:rolleyes:

3. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Interesting. I get the same thing and am up to date on all of these plug-ins, as well.

[edit]and it works just fine in Camino.[/edit]

Chris

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Looks like their site uses a browser sniffer that's not working correctly with Safari.

Given that Safari only recently went GM it's understandable, but it's still lame on the web designer's part.