QT6 killed my avis!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Beej, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I'm surprised I haven't seen a question like this about QT6 yet... if there has been one, please forgive me, I missed it.

I updated to QT6 when it was released, and now every avi file on my machine plays with green lines through it. Big, thick, can't-see-what's-going-on-behind-them green lines.

Anyone else having that problem? What goes on?

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, so I went and tried my avi files, and they didn't work at all, saying the files aren't on my machine, but available on line. What's up with that? I'm going to go and try and fix it, but it doens't look good.

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

duke, I know it's your first time to Macrumors, but at least don't go nuts on double posting! :D :p :D :p

I really don't think Quicktime has ever had excellent support for AVIs. I'm sure there are ways to convert them, such as Divx or something. I'm not too sure where the website is, to download it, myself, as I read about it a few times a while back. :D :cool:

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I had some issues with being out of my airport zone, I think. It happens once in a while. Anyway, a little research and I found this, the bastards.....

5. Beej thread starter macrumors 68020

Beej

To explain myself a bit better, it is mainly divx and 3ivx files that are the problem. They worked fine before QT6, and have green lines though them now.

I have divx 5a installed, as well as 3ivx 3.5 and 4 d2.

6. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I just convert divx's to .mov's with that software around somewhere...avi2mov or whatever it's called...

7. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

beej man, my avi's work great, hey if you need some good playback download 3ivx from versiontracker it will fix it right, with sounds and all :D enjoy

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

so, if you're not having a problem with your .avi files, then why am I? Now I'm a little annoyed.

D

9. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

man.... yer jus going crazy with double posts arent you :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

My .avi's seem to be unaffected as well... (what few played in QT to begin with :rolleyes: )