QTL File

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brsboarder, Feb 23, 2006.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    I have a video which I am supposed to watch for class. The professor somehow uploaded it to a site, so that we can stream it. When you go to download it or whatever, it downloads a QTL file. I was wondering if there is a way to download the movie so that I don't have to deal w/ streaming and buffering.
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Well, when you have Safari open and playing the file, click on Window in the menu par across the top, then choose Activity. Find the QT file in the Activity area, high light it, hit Apple + C to copy. Then go to Window in the menu bar, then Download to get the download area up. Then do a Apple + P to paste it into the Download area, and it should start to download if it is a streaming file that can do it. Otherwise, you will need to get Quicktime Pro edition to save the files, but try what I said above first, it should hopefully work.
  3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    the problem is that when I click the file, it downloads to my computer, it somehow links the file to stream auto through quicktime, safari doesnt even have to be open. When i try to save it w/ quicktime pro, which i have, it saves the link