Quake 3, and UTGY patch....

Discussion in 'Games' started by dave1234, Jun 11, 2004.

1. dave1234 macrumors regular

Is there any patches that will let me play Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition in OS X. Obviously they would be seperate patches.
    I got this Quake 132 patch, but whenever I open it, it unexpectidley quits, any help would be great.

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I know a Q3 OS X Patch exists SOMEWHERE on the net. I don't have much experience with Q3 on a Mac though, because I can't find it anywhere for sale. :(

However, for UT there is a OS X Patch. Currently the only one released is a "Beta", however. Which basically means it's not completely optimized and has no music. It's still very playable, though. I just feel like I should be getting a better framerate on my eMac with it though. Hmm.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12059

I look for a Q3 patch for you.

3. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

yeah, i had that too...ok heres what you do...make a newfolder named QUAKE III ARENA...if you already have that name...name it something else, well anyways, put the Q3 1.32 app in the new folder, and drag and drop the baseq3 folder aswell, but the baseq3 folder has to have the following things inside pak0.pk3 pak1.pk3 pak2.pk3 pak3.pk3 pak4.pk3 pak5.pk3 pak6.pk3 pak7.pk3 and pak8.pk3 ...now that all those things are there...open up Q3 1.32 app...should work, if it still keeps quiting...tell me..

4. dave1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok When you Unzip the 1.23 folder you get a Q3 logo, and another logo that saiz Q3 g4, what do i put in the folder i made? And my OS9 version of quake 3 never had a PAK0.PK3 but the rest is there...
    thanks for the help so far...
    The Unreal Tournament thing works, thanks a bunch.

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Then you never had a working or complete OS 9 version either. You must have pak0.pk3 from a retail Quake3 CD for the game to function.

6. dave1234 thread starter macrumors regular

7. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

you need to pak0.pk3 to work...if you dont have this...you cant run the game and as for Q3 1.23....not going to happen, get the latest patch which is 1.32...as for if your running os9, try finding Q3 1.11...good luck