Quake 3 on Tiger?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jeffy.dee-lux, Nov 19, 2005.

1. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

Howdy y'all. I upgraded to Tiger from Jaguar a couple weeks back, and am now trying to get Quake 3 to run. When i first got Q3, i had to download the latest point release, but i didn't bother backing that up when i did a complete erase and install of Tiger, figuring i'd be able to find it no problem. Now i've spent like an hour trying to find a point release that'll install on my computer, but nothings working. I've downloaded it a couple times from places like fileshack, fileplanet... but every time i get it, i unstuff it, but then the installer says it can't open "Quake3-132....pkg".
    Anybody have any ideas? Anybody actually have a working point release that they could hook me up with? I really miss that game! So many of the games available for OS X are just to advanced for my computer, a 500mhz iMac. You shoulda seen what happened earlier today when i tried to run halo!

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

4. jeffy.dee-lux thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the help, but both those links brought me to AltivecTest2, which is the one i've downloaded several times and hasn't worked.

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

why doesn't it work?

6. jeffy.dee-lux thread starter macrumors 6502a

well it gives me a .pkg file that installer tells me it can't open:

Couldn't open "Quake3-132-AltivecTest2.pkg".

that's all i get... any other tricks you guys know about? like some way i can go about opening this thing?