Quake 4 problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by necropunk, Jul 19, 2006.

1. necropunk macrumors member

Hi all

I've recently installed q4 on my macbook pro. it's the first time i tried to play a game on mac so...

anyway, i installed the game and then when i open it in the dock nothing happens. lol. no error messages no nothing. any clues on how i can solve this ?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

This might be a stupid question, but you did say it's your first game, so... did you copy the game to your hard drive first, or are you trying to run it directly from the DVD?

3. necropunk thread starter macrumors member

i did copy the game to my hard drive (i did read the readme lol). the thing is that i double click on the q4 icon and nothing happens..

4. necropunk thread starter macrumors member

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Well, that will happen surely if you are using pirated DVD. It has copy protection (just making a guess here)...

My other guess (which is followed by a stupid question) is wether you are sure that you have the original game disk inserted into your machine.

My final recommendation is to download the latest patch from Aspyr (if you haven't done that already).

Finally: If your problem perists, then from the looks of it, the program opens, encounters an error and then closes. OS X keeps logs of these errors which can be viewed by an application called "Concole". Please locate the "Console" application (Applications->Utilities) and open it. Try to find a crash log for Quake 4. When you find it, post it here (Please use code tags in your post when you do it).

Also, a few more info about your system (exact system version, specific hardware details) would be helpful.