Quake 4 screen shots

Discussion in 'Games' started by hvfsl, Jul 21, 2003.

1. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I just thought I would post some Quake 4 screen shots (based on enhanced Doom3 engine) since it will be coming to Mac, PC and Linux in 2004. Not all the images from the site are from Quake4 (some are clay models of things in the game), but the images of the charaters give an idea to the quality of the graphics in Q4.

http://www.3d-station.com/interview/interview.php?id=16&version=ang

2. Xero macrumors 6502

hey this guys living in madison! maybe i should give him a call. :p

EDIT: the guy being interviewed that is.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Wow that pretty good stuff for things based on the engine, but its not as hi res as Doom III it seems, maybe my eyes are playing tricks.

and does anyone else think this should be in gaming?

4. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Defintely should be in gaming

Wow! Looks great! Though, they'll probably be on Quake6 before I can play this one deciently. These are only prototypes, I think as soon as lighting is added/textures they'll look better.

5. Xero macrumors 6502

the reason doom 3 looks better is mainly because of bump mapping, so im sure this'll look just as good when it gets the full treatment

6. couch potato macrumors regular

nice, but will the gameplay be good? quake 3 had great graphics for its time, but it also had ground-breaking gameplay. im wondering the same about doom 3 and half-life 2, although i bet half-life 2 will be good