Quake and Wolfenstein won't work with my new GF3 card, help!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shadowfax0, May 12, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

I just purchased a GF3 a little while ago, as in today, and I tried to boot up Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Quake III Arena and neither one of them work properly, like they launch, but nothing shows up on screen. Anyone want to help me out?
    Thanks.

2. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm going to add this picture if it helps anone out...

Attached Files:

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I hate to ask the bleeding obvious, but A) did you install the drivers/check online for more recent ones, and B) restart? What computer do you have?

4. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I did restart (if my computer is off to begin with when I installed it, isn't this a bit redundant? I'm not that much of an idiot, c'mon...:D) And I did look for drivers, but no hide nor hair of them, oh well, it's no big deal really, I jsut ordered a Radeon 8500 for abut $250 cheaper, and that'll do just fine. Thanks for the advice though.

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Dude your loaded with cash:D
    Have you found out yet why it didn't work

6. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK! THIS IS PISSING ME OFF! I returned my GF3 card, now I'm contemlating whether I was jsut impatient...::uggh:: I got my Radeon 8500 and DVIator in the mail today...and as expected it DID NOT WORK. The DVIator that is, Im sure the graphics card was working great, only problem was that my monitor was black. THE DVIATOR DOES NOT WORK FOR AD's THAT ARE CRT! AlphaTech you are dead! No I'm only killing, oh I mean kidding...:D But the fact is now I have to retunr my DVIator to Macmall (Pain in the a$$) and possibly the graphics card...I'm thinking about whether or not to dump this POS monitor, it was a horribly bad purchase...uggh. So for all future reference : DVIator does NOT work with CRT ADC displays, period. So now I am approx. $80 poorer (they take off from when I return it) and have gotten NO WHERE. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd lovve to hear them at this point...
    And AlphaTech, you're on my list now....j/k :D