Quake III Arena weird sounds?

Discussion in 'Games' started by macrlz9, Jun 8, 2005.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

ok well i have looked all over and even emailed the company themselves but haven't heard a response back.... i have 3 mac minis in my household.. all exactly the same 1.25ghz 1gb ram etc except mine has a 60gig 7200 rpm hd which is irrelevant... basically i have quake III arena installed on all 3 minis but whenever i play on my mac mini the sound for quake is very sped up sounding like chipmunks... i've tried messing wiht the settings, reinstalling the game, deleting everything on my hd that has the word quake in it (via spotlight) including the preference files, even copying all the files from a working installation on one of the mini's so i get my roomate's preferences and all but no matter what the sound is very high pitched and sped up.... any idea why at all???

2. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

I remember this happened to me once and all I had to do once relaunch. This happens on ALL the minis, you say?

3. unixkid macrumors member

open "Garage Band", close it and open Q3. if that doesn't work goto the utilities folder and open "Audio MIDI Setup" and under the section Properties for:(under the Audio Devices tab) select built-in audio and then change the Format from 48000.0Hz to 44100.0 Hz

4. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

no only mine.... the other 2 in the house work fine with the game....

5. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

also it's only that game as well... everything else sounds fine.... i'll try the other suggestion here in a min

6. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO LOOK THERE!!!! I CHANGED IT FROM 48000.0HZ TO 44100.0HZ AND IT WORKED! thanks again!