QUALIA by Sony

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, May 15, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Sony ain't half knocking out some rather tasty products at the moment... if I had the spare dirty $$$ and a place to hang it, I'd have one of those tasty mega WEGA plasma's. :D

Either way, this is a tight site, showing off some serious goodies... plum... very, very plum. ;)

rinki dinki linki

http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/QUALIA/jp/index_flash.html

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

for those of you that aren't familiar, Qualia is sony's line of ultra-luxury products... i won't even mention the prices, suffice it to say they're obscene. These products are made for the very rich.

that said, i want it all!

i'm surprised to see it on the web, i know they were going to limit the marketing, to make this more exclusive.

paul

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I think the prices will automatically determine exclusivity... heheh

it's dead tasty stuff... presented in a suitably tight website. mmmmmmmm... :)

4. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Anyone know the specs in English on this one? It's much nicer looking than the new VAIO pocket.

Attached Files:

5. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

anyone know what the 016 is (key of QUALIA?), I am sure I want it I just don't know what it would be used for

Qualia has a very B&O look to it
    the products look very un japanese and more Scandinavian, the lines are almost too simple, especially for sony who has never produced a remote with fewer than 40 buttons

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

IIRC, 016 is their digital camera, which isn't too great (like, 2.3 megapixels or something moderate quality) but comes with accessories in a leather case with fine wood appointments... it's $10,000 i believe

paul

7. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

HOLY CRAP!

I think I can do without

still
    they have amazingly beautiful designs
    even their projector is a work of art

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

as well it should be, at $30,000. :D

but i agree, it's great to see the emphasis on design, it's definitely reminiscent of B&O, but a little more refined IMO. And there is a market for this, look at those $100,000 emerald-and-diamond-encrusted cell phones...

paul

9. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    It's a juicy piece of fruit and no mistake. But should I expense the loot required for a thing like that I bet I'll spend more time talking about the bleedin thing than using it.

So I'm happy with what I've got and so are the people I work with on a daily basis who have to suffer my rants.

:)

10. medea macrumors 68030

medea

pretty slick stuff, but I doubt I'd spend the money even if i had it. right now i would be happy with a nakamichi 8 1/2 system.

Attached Files: