quality crt monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by kishba, Sep 2, 2002.

1. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

i'd like to purchase a large crt (at least 19") to accompany my tibook

please give suggestions/recommendations on a high quality crt that can get to very high resolutions and still maintains a decent refresh rate (at least 85hz @ 1600x1200) *and* costs around $500

thanks for all your help! i really want to purchase the monitor this week :)

2. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Do you have a Costco store there? The one we have here has a 19 incher for 190 bucks. I'm not sure if it's any good though. They always seem to have it off

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: quality crt monitor

Not sure about all those conditions... I'ver persoanlly bought 3 sony's over time... and am happy with them.

They might end up being a bit more costly... but some people really prefer the trinitron tubes.

arn

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Monitors

Try the ViewSonic A90f 19in Monitor, or the LaCie 19in Electron Blue from Smalldog, i believe its like 449 dollars

5. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

can anyone suggest specific models of sony crts?

also, where is a good place to buy monitors from online.... i'm worried about shipping costs

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

7. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

thanks arn... i'm now stuck between these two monitors...

http://www.sonystyle.com/home/item....933&telesale=null&hidden=null&cps=null&type=s
    (i can get it for $545 - including shipping - from a dealer on pricewatch where i've ordered before with success)

or

http://www.sonystyle.com/home/item....831&telesale=null&hidden=null&cps=null&type=s
    ( i can get this one for $370 - including shipping - from a different dealer on pricewatch that i think i've ordered from)

do you think the 21" will be worth the extra money? i don't know for sure whether i'll need anything above 1600x1200 or not but i'd like to leave the possibility open

any input is greatly appreciated (also do you think i should just go direct from sony like arn said or order from pricewatch?)