quality Keynote themes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xjohn, Oct 4, 2004.

1. xjohn macrumors regular

Does anyone have advice on where to look for quality keynote themes? I'm getting a bit tired of the ones provided out of box.

As a .mac member, I downloaded the free themes provided through .mac, but I think I must have deleted them. Is there any way to download them again now that the offer has expired (I think I know the answer to this question)?

I'm willing to pay for quality themes, but wouldn't mind finding some free resources out there. Also, and advice on where to look for "objects" and photos?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

If you have a .mac account, you get a bunch to download.

3. xjohn thread starter macrumors regular

I do have a .mac account (just renewed yesterday as a matter of fact), and I remember downloading the themes months ago, but now I can't find them (I must have accidently thrown them out when making space on my hard drive).

Also, it seems like they are no longer available through .mac. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks for your reply.

4. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

I does look like its gone. I posted something on the .mac board.

5. zoetropeuk macrumors regular

Try Keynote Pro I've bought all of their themes now and use them on a regular basis. I've searched for hours looking for high quality themes and if anybody knows of other themes that are as good, please let me know.

6. astomatous macrumors newbie

Just make 'em

As an old powerpoint user, i used to have a general aversion (and lack of knowledge) to making my own themes - what i've found with Keynote is that theme creation is central to a well designed and effective presentation and it's not very hard.

Also, most of the themes you see around the net for sale are pretty easy to recreate yourself and then even more customizable.

Give it a try - it's very liberating and it will change the way you think about and make presentations.

7. rbwarne macrumors newbie

I've purchased many themes from Keynote Pro and have been very satisfied. I've searched exhaustively for other providers of finished themes, and only KeynoteThemePark has impressed me. I've purchased many of their themes individually, and wish now that I had purchased the CD collection. In addition, they have a collection of objects that can be purchased separately for $20. I highly recommend both!

Also, when you get into advanced presentations, the themes themselves only go so far -- great background images really help. There are many stock photo collections you can buy on CD, as well as on the internet. I do recommend iStockPhoto.com, they have a really good collection.