quantum computer simulator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rrtucci, Sep 30, 2006.

1. rrtucci macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just finished a FREE Mac application, called Quantum Fog, that simulates a quantum computer. I wrote Quantum Fog on a PPC using CodeWarrior Pro 10 and PowerPlant.

QuantumFog is MachO (but not universal binary). It should run with MacOS X 10. 2 or higher. It should run on a PPC mac. It should also run on Intel Macs (via Rosetta).

Since I only own a PPC mac, I have only tested Quantum Fog on a single PPC mac.

Those of you who are interested in quantum computing, could you please download my app (PLEASE also open one of the example files in the EXAMPLES FoldeR). Then post to this forum whether the app opened the example files without crashing, plus what kind of machine (PPC or Intel) and MacOS version you have. If I could get feedback from half a dozen testers, it would help me tremedously.
    The software is here
    http://www.ar-tiste.com/qfog.html

2. flyguy451 macrumors regular

Quantum Computing?

Having absolutely no idea as to what quantum computing is I went to this wikipedia location:

quantum circuit

I still don't know what quantum computing is but I do know that I am definitely not the guy to help test the software! Good luck though. :)

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I will certainly give it a look. I'm not currently doing research in quantum computing, but I have experience in spintronics and single-photon generation/detection, both of which I believe may apply. BTW, I'm on a powerbook (PPC) running 10.4.8.

Update: I was able to open the example files just fine. Although, I admit that once they are open it's not clear what to do next. Is the goal of the program to illustrate Bayesian nets, or is there further simulation functionality that I didn't see at first glance?

4. rrtucci thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. In the Help folder, you will find a manual in html, It starts with a simple tutorial. Once you do the tutorial, all will become clear. Basically, each node can be "opened" by double clicking on it, and you can enter a transition matrix into it. Then you can calculate probabilities for the network. You can also display the Feynman Paths.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Thanks for clarifying it for me. I suppose I should've headed to the Help folder straight away :eek: . I'll make sure that everything continues to work fine, and report back if I have any problems.

Cheers, and nice work on the program.