Quantum Leap Season One DVD now available!

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, Jun 12, 2004.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I doubt that many of you loved this show as much as I did, but I was very happy (and surprised) to see that season 1 is now available on dvd. Gonna go pick it up Monday (after my LSAT exam)!

The full screen, 3 disc set features:
    • All 8 episodes including the two-hour pilot
    • "A Kiss With History: Remembering "Quantum Leap" feature of the making of the series
    • Quantim Knowledge - Trivia on each show
    • Episode Introductions
    • Hidden Messages

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JM3A/ecampaigncom-20/103-6040984-3457418

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Sweet Jesus, and it's only $45! I want...but I wonder, I am getting a widescreen HDTV in a few weeks and I don't own any full screen DVDs, how the heck would that work on a 16:9 tv to have a 4:3 image on it? I'd hate to see Sam being stretched like something out of Hellraiser.

3. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Much like this...

[​IMG]

Interestingly enough, that's the same way it works when I play Medal of Honor on my 17" PB (cuz MoH doesn't support the 1440x900 resolution!)

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Excellent!!

I have always managed to miss the first half of the pilot! Always. Annoying as hell. It's worth the money just for me to be able to see that!

5. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

6. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

That was the first show i reallt got into. I saw Blue Velvet the other day, and Dean Stockwell plays this really creepy psycho. I was like 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH AL!?????? ZIGGY!!! HELP!!!" kinda

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Such a good show. I was pissed when Sci Fi stopped playing it during the afternoons at 4 and stopped airing all those Quantum Leap marathons.

8. Angelus macrumors 6502

Thats great! i absolutely love this show. Since i finished exams have been watching it on sci fi each day. While not related to quantum leap does anyone know if macgyver will make an appearance on dvd? It's at the top of my wishlist.