Quark 6 Series 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by j33pd0g, Apr 3, 2003.

1. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

It took quark some time (about a month)... but they finaly released series 2 of quark 6 sneak-peak information. I wonder how many parts in a series there are. I hope there arn't more than 12. At this rate it'll be another year before it comes out of alpha/beta stages.
    Series 2 at a glance: QuarkXPress 6 Web features make it easier to create exceptional Web pages.
    Here is the URL: http://www.quark.com/products/xpress/60_series2.html

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It looks as though they're putting in the version 5 pieces that they couldn't do on time (used loosely here!) and calling it version 6.

Hopefully, they'll get it done relatively quickly so people can get on with their lives and start using it.

By the way, you people don't have to start with the "I Hate Quark" posts--you've already done them all. :D

3. j33pd0g thread starter macrumors 6502

I only want quark 6 just so I can (with any hope) brag to the people I work with how much more productive (stable too) I have been using quark 6 in os x.

Off topic rant:
    Maybe someone in corparate will see the light. We're all stuck on OS 8.1 with quark 4 and I don't think that will change. They have taken a stand against indesign. When asked why not, they had no reason to offer other then, "We're just not going to. Ever." I know they can afford it... they buy us new macs and pc's every year... they just preload these with Os 8.1 and Windows NT. Thats right... a new g4 with 8.1... how sick is that? Oh... and they will not spring for ram. We all have 96 mgs of ram.

I have tested - using a PB with os x and all is well... so it's not a compatability thing... the Macs don't even talk to the pc's. I take work home with me so I can just get it done without the headachs of restarting every ten minutes.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They should, at least, upgrade to Mac OS 8.6, which was more stable and quicker.