Quark Query... Did apple get it wrong?

Discussion in 'New Mac Application Announcements' started by Heltik, Jun 10, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Did anyone notice that on the Apple Quark page:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/quarkxpress/
    the image of quark running is a bodge!

Quark is the active application because the candy buttons are coloured, yet the menu bar states that Finder is active.

I thank you.:D

2. macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Quark has been renamed finder actually.

3. macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Re: Quark Query... Did apple get it wrong?

4 words: too much free time! :p

PS:

those people who use phrases like : "1 word- annoying" annoy me. :D

4. macrumors 6502

5. thread starter macrumors regular

That's the same image, no? Just with the correct menu. Bizarre... Must have been a deliberate funny... Oh those jokers at Apple...

Steve: "Ha ha ha you're sacked..." etc... "Mwa haha..."

6. macrumors 604

iJon

wow i agree with the other guy, too much free time.

iJon

7. macrumors newbie

actually diff image

Actually the two images are two separate screenshots, check out the docks. They are different, one has itunes 3, the other 4, plus stuff is in different order. I guess the file opened in both screenshots is the same, maybe its an example file that comes with quark to demo its features etc thats opened.

8. macrumors regular

stupid photoshop

actually, these are photoshopped. i can tell. just look, the jelly buttons look like they are sticking out too far and the F in Finder is .000000002 mm too far to the left. and look at the time. NO ONE at apple would take a screen shot at that time!

obviously this is a fake. and to think they used an adobe product with which to do it all.

and oh yeah, WHO CARES????????

9. macrumors regular

Re: Quark Query... Did apple get it wrong?

and one more thing, if an application is active and you mouse over an inactive window's jelly buttons, they light up. and you're welcome....

10. thread starter macrumors regular

And if you mouse over the inactive window's jelly buttons then they appear with a 'X', a '-', and a '+'.

And...

You're very welcome.
    :D :D

11. macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I wish I had too much free time :)

12. macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Good point.. but since none of us know what machine, or which OS the screen is from, who can say? Perhaps it's 10.3. Perhaps it's a mockup. Maybe the weirdness in the UI is precisely WHY it's available "next week" and not "now"

I lke the idea, though, that someone at Apple did it intentionally to see the lifeless dweebs pick it apart.

13. macrumors 6502

Dock Triangles

On Mac OS X running applications have a little triangle under their icon in the dock. In those screenshots Quark is open but has no black triangle...

;)

14. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Re: Dock Triangles

when was the last time you folks saw the sun outside? There's rumormongering, then there's this...

I'm just sayin'...
    :D

15. macrumors 68040

mactastic

Arrrgh, its been foggy here for like a week!

16. macrumors 6502

Well actually I stumbled across this thread, had a look at the pictures and thought I'd add my 2 cents. Plus there's never any sun here in Ireland! ;)

17. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

no offense, but get another hobby. i don't look at the details like that. i don;'t care. but that's just me. and ther people who also think you have too much time:D

18. macrumors demi-god

szark

Maybe everyone is just tired of speculating on the 970, and needs to focus there forum energy on something else.

Not that this is necessarily the best choice, but sometimes you take what you can get! ;)

19. macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Why are so many people saying things like "get a life" and "you have too much time"? I do not use Quark, and I really have no interest in the software other than the fact that I am glad it has finally made it to OS X for people who want to leave OS 9.

With that said, I easily saw the Finder title in the menu bar in the picture. It was really easy. I didn't spend 5 hours starring at the screen......

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to say that. :)

20. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Think Different

Not enough medication...

21. thread starter macrumors regular

Too much free time?

Nah. I just spot details. I care about details. That's why I use a Mac. That's why I care about this platform and view these rumour sites.

In fact it's the strive towards perfection that's made the Mac the great machine that it is. If you say details don't count, then buy yourself a Dell and drive to work in an Eastern European motor car.

Sometimes it requires enormous complexity in order to acheive perceived simplicity. That's details. That's Macintosh.

22. macrumors 6502a

macnews

Spoke with Quark the other day after getting my 5 upgrade from 4 (which I'm not installing and waiting for the free upgrade to 6). They (Quark) are still saying end of July. Has anyone looked or heard more about the new activation procedure? It will be tied to the hardware - so no installing on your desktop and laptop w/o two copies or some hacking.

23. Sol
    macrumors 68000

Sol

Still waiting for The app

This app looks great. Does anyone know w;)t the frame-rates are like? How does it compare to Doom 3, or UT2003? I bet it will fly on two 970s. I think it would rock on a quad 970 configuration but I bet most designers would prefer Cubes to PowerMacs or XServes, if only for the silence...

24. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

when did MS buy quark? ;)

25. macrumors 603

solvs

Funny, I thought this thread was about the question of just exactly when Quark is actually available. Then I realized that I'd already clicked on this link, but for some reason my IE history got erased. Stoopid M$.

Anyway, I think it's funny people are taking time out of their busy schedules to talk about this guy having too much time on his hands. Some of us just don't have lives. Or maybe you're at work on a break. Or they're like me, and could be doing other more productive things but choose to come here instead. Who needs that darn real world.

I'd tell you all to get lives, but I'm too lazy to take my own advice.