QUEEN now on iTMS!

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Flowbee, Nov 4, 2003.

1. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Six albums online today. Ok, so it's not any of thier 'classic' recordings... but a very hopeful sign, indeed. :D

2. macrumors 68020

srobert

Excellent. I was just thinking earlier this week on how Queen was a shamefull omission on iTMS. Ok, there is'nt much as we speak but it's a step in the right direction.

3. macrumors 68000

pivo6

Finally. I've been sending recommendations to add them to the store. OK its not the greatest selection..yet, but it's a start.

4. macrumors 6502a

Dahl

Could it be because off their label ? The albums that are up now are on Hollywood records ( their US label ), I wonder if their older labels are on Hollywood or if they just need to be remastered.

It could also just be, that they are sitting out for now like Beatles and other huge names.

5. macrumors newbie

Is this Bohemian Rhapsody?

Speaking of Queen, could someone tell me which part of the Rhapsody the clip of this cover is doing? With all the Spanish and strange (?) rhythm, I can't figure out what the heck it is. :confused:

I appreciate your help!

6. macrumors 68020

srobert

weird... I've only recognized a 5 second extract in the backgorund (12 notes). It's been picked from the beginning of the original Bohemian Rhapsody, the part where freddy is signing: "Mama, just kiled a man..."

7. thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Re: Is this Bohemian Rhapsody?

What a strange album that is! :confused:

8. macrumors 6502a

Genie

Queen is totally awesome- esp the older stuff

9. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

freddie, brian, john, and roger put together some of the greatest music the rock world will ever see. their musical range was amazing and some of their best songs are the cuts that were never released as singles.

thank goodness itunes is finally starting to recognize.

10. macrumors 68040

MattG

Now over 20 albums!

11. thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

And "Bohemian Rhapsody" is in the top 10 songs list! (as of this moment) :D

12. macrumors 68020

srobert

Spiffy!

And it's not even the best version :)

edit: Correction! It is! They added a few albums since I last checked. Most of them actually! (22 albums) Excellent. They even got their own themed start page on iTMS.

On a sour note, some of these albums cost way more than the traditionnal $9.90. Up to $18.81. Will we be seing more unequal princing on iTMS? that was one on musicmatch biggest critic.

13. thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Dang. Before yesterday, their classic albums were all $9.99. Now it looks like they've raised them to .99 per song. Well, I guess I can save a few bucks by not buying the remixes they've tacked onto the albums. :(