Quentin Tarantino: Kill Bill Trailer

Discussion in 'Community' started by arn, Feb 2, 2003.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Haha

I like the name...

But is there a plot? Or is it just hot a$$ chicks fighting?

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Haha

oh there is alright.

revolves around female revenge.

_

3. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Re: Haha

Who cares if there is a plot, just so long as there is a lot of hot a&$ chick fighting!

Tarantino's movies typically have very odd plots and he seems to like exploring the method of telling a story as well as the delivery more than making sure his plot line is conventional.

I'm looking forward to the movie and the hot a$& chick fighting!

4. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I have to agree with mcrain here. Who cares if there is a plot. Lucy Lu. Man, hell yea, we will go see that one, plus David Caradine. This is going to be a classic movie!

5. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

its kind of disturbing to see tarantino doing such a mainstream type of movie. he seems to have always taken pride in the indie look he gives his films, along with the genious he adds to the way scenes are shot. this movie has a high gloss high explosion factor look to it and i am skeptical. hopefully he wont let us down.

6. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Finally, Quenitin is showing his love for (frick, I forgot his name now, lol) an Asian director who did Broken Arrow, Wind Talkers, etc. He had some hot asian movies he directed back in the day and Quentin is a huge fan. It looks like he's finally doing an asain movie like he's always admired.

Can't wait, and everyday I thank god for the Matrix. It has just influenced the way every major action/fighting movie is made.

7. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

it looks incredibly campy and tongue-in-cheek, despite the action. i hope he doesnt lose sight of the qualities that made his other movies so compelling.

8. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

John Woo.

Woo did some great movies back in the day, but when he made his jump to the US his movies were terrible. Windtalkers was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

He needs to team up with Chow Yun Fat again.

9. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Yes, Woo, I couldn't get it out. I think what happened with him is he doesn't direct much anymore. He came to American and saw the power Hollywood has over the movies and directors. After his first few movies, you noticed he began producing afterwards? He wanted the control over the script, production, etc. I agree about windtalkers which I think the idea was lame (no disrespect to Indians, it's mostly the war subject) I still think FaceOff was his best, Broken Arrow right behind but none of them touch The Killer.

I agree, I wish he'd team up with Chow Yun Fat (my boy) and make some ass kicking US flix, maybe have Chow Yun Fat against Nick Cage or something. I wait for his next blockbuster everytime he makes a movie. The last few have been ok. Oh wait, he did MI2 didn't he? Ok, I think that was his best, then Face Off :)

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

wow, looks very cool

Pulp Fu Hidden Angel

I'm sure the plot is going to be quite interesting - although the amount of action is curious.

This is on my must see list of 2003.

D :D

11. garzy macrumors regular

when i saw the trailer for this movie, i thought it was a comedy
    it looks terrible

OMG!!!
    DID ANYONE SEE THE TRAILER FOR T3??!!
    im not usually into garbage action films, but
    IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

12. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Hey! Mission Impossible 2 was great!

Back to topic: Kill Bill looks to be a great movie. The reason why Tarantino wanted to do this movie was becase he always wanted to do a Kung Fu exploitation film.

On a quick note: fight scenes are choreographed by non other than Yuen Wo Ping....same guy that did the Matrix fight choreographies and a lot of chinese films also

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very cool, I'll have to change my title summary

Pulp Fu Hidden Angel Rebooted

And if it is an explotation film, then the humor is almost self depreciating - which can be really damn funny. Can't wait :D

14. job macrumors 68040

job

I'd much rather watch a Guy Ritchie movie.

Personally, I think Lock, Stock is much better than Pulp Fiction.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, lock stock and snatch were two really simillar movies, almost too close. I'd like to see him do another that had less in common, but with the same style of plot (of course, without Madona).

Regardless, Tarantino's movie will be entertaining and everyone has their own prefs.

16. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

17. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

Just to let you know, i read the script for Kill Bill (although QT added a chapter too it after the version i read). Its so awesome. if you like kung fu exploitation, and good old QT, you will like it.

18. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

not to worry folks this flick is going to kick some major a**

its going to further propel Terentino as the worlds one and only "Rock n Roll director"

19. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

totally agree with this assesment but trailers can be deceiving. i hope it has some good plot twists etc. typical of tarantino. there are very few GOOD action dramas out there.

i like uma thurman doing anything. :D

20. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i like guy ritches flicks.... especially lock stock... but maybe you could help me out...
    (you know you guy ritchie pros)

whats the deal here? did guy ritchie in some way copy tarantinos style or something? whats going on? i really want to know.

21. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Nooooooooooooooo

If you take the cheesiest of Charly Angels plus the action escens of Matrix and want to compete with James Bond... you are gonna end up with something like this.

It is worth a try:D

22. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Nooooooooooooooo

hell nah.

tarantino is on a totally different level. you are going about this the wrong way.

james bonds is too trite to compare to this unconventional movie.

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Ive watched a million kung fu movies, and I have watched the
    Kill Bill trailer a million times, and I can tell you right now. Uma
    Therman is gunna suck (fight scene wise). She is too.... timid.
    She is just inexperienced, and I think that character could have
    been cast better.

24. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

cast better? Not sure. She and QT created the character on the set of pulp. She always was the character. And the script, kicks....aaaaasssssssss. I have NO clue how they are gonna get an R rating. But the script was so awesome. it will be great. You wait.