Querks for a switcher

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by efoto, Nov 22, 2004.

1. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    Switching as soon as Jobs speaks in Jan...do something good Stevo.

Alright, just wondering if there are any strange/special/unique querks that are infrequently documented that OSX has.

Ex: Right'clk on a two button = crtl'clk on Apple mouse or one button

I know this might seem very simple to many of you but there are a lot of little shortcuts and keystrokes that I have learned over the years for Win that are not written anywhere. Feel free to give even the most basic of things, as I have very limited experience on a Mac and would like to jumpstart my experience once I take ownership.

As always, thank you.
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I'm guessing that there is already a thread on this somewhere's, but one big difference on the Mac is that shortcuts are Apple (command) + letter instead of alt or ctrl + letter.
  3. efoto thread starter macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    I found a few forums in search that yielded some results, however they were mainly focused solely on keyboard shortcuts etc.

I do not mind if keyboard 'querks' show up, but I was trying to get at the system in general for tips and tricks...I guess my example was bad, sorry.
  4. honeytoast macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2004
    bay area, CA
    There are a few differences you will notice right away. Keyboard shortcuts as you have mentioned, but the file system is also very different but so simple to understand that you'll love it in no time. As many people will tell you on these forums, just approach the mac as if you knew nothing about computers. This will make things very simple.
  5. decksnap macrumors 68040

Apr 11, 2003
    When in doubt, drag & drop it. You'll find that a ton of things in OS X work that way. - Adding apps & folders to the dock, adding items to the finder window, adding songs to itunes, etc...

The App switcher is key- (apple+tab)