Question about 15" LCD

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by elensil, Aug 15, 2002.

1. elensil macrumors regular

I am planning to buy a Powermac 867. The question is 15" or 17" LCD. I wonder if some of you have 15" model, what are you using it for. Is it enought for video editing, 3D, and PhotoShop.

P.S. I actually know the answers

There's only $200 difference between the two models (with a rebate) so go with 17"

And i suspect that 15" is not enought for the tasks listed.

Thank you for commenting anyway:)

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

well, i got the 17 inch ASD and i do video work on it. Ive used the 15 inch and its too damn small. But uve already answered ur own question. But i'd got w/ the 17 inch too.

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Go with the 17...I have one at work and now whenever I look at the old 15" CRT that's running on a G3, I go back to the PowerMac....

4. Mr Jobs macrumors regular

yeah if you have the money go for the 17" 15 is useable but 17 is way better, how ever you could wait about a month as somethime in october the shold be now studio displys maybe even a 17" widescreen

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I sit right in front of my monitors wherever I am (Maine, NJ, daydreaming), so a 15" is fine for me. Besides, rarely do I go above an 800 x 600 resolution for ANY reason, whether it's Photoshop, Appleworks graphics, 3D Graphics, whatever (I originally used 640 x 480 for these tasks).

I managed to get the 15 inch cheap and I don't see the need for a 17 inch. But you might be better off with a future 17 inch if you are not in my current position. :)