Question about 733 Digital Audio

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by totally_fly, Nov 12, 2002.

1. totally_fly macrumors member

Sorry, i'm kinda lame... i'm not sure what the "best" graphics card I can buy for my 733 digital audio is, but somehow I doubt a geforce 4 ti would work for me... what is the best nVidia card I can get? im willing to pay about 300 USD (im canadian so thats like 700 bucks :p )

thanx for the help whoever decides to answer :D

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Question about 733 Digital Audio

Actually that system has a 4xAGP slot the same as the new towers. That means you can use the Nvidia G4ti and the upcoming ATI9700 and the Nvidia NV30.

3. totally_fly thread starter macrumors member

Re: Re: Question about 733 Digital Audio

Where can I find some information about the NV30? Will the target price be around 400-500 USD?

I don't know why, but I hate ATI.. yet I've never used a computer with an ATI chip... maybe......hmm... maybe its cuz people always complain about drivers and ati at the same time :confused: :p

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Re: Re: Question about 733 Digital Audio

ATI rocks. I don't have a problem with NVidia though. It will probably be between March-June before you see a NV30 card for the Mac. Do a search on google. I think tom's hardware had something on the NV30 a while back. The thing is that by the time the NV30 card is out ATI will have revised there 9700 and will still be faster then NVidia. Face it ATI is king at the moment. The will fall behind sooner or later but at the moment and for the present future they have the best and fastest graphics card.

5. totally_fly thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks for the input... i'll check that stuff out sooner or later, now its off to dream world in my big cozy bed