Question about Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jonat8, Jan 15, 2005.

1. jonat8 macrumors regular

Dec 17, 2004
    United Kingdom

I've just downloaded Adium and use it to connect to MSN. It's all working okay but when I signed in first time, half my contacts came up in the "Individuals" group and the other half came up in the "Other Contacts" group. I moved all the ones from Other Contacts into Individuals.

The next time I signed in, I get a message pop up for all the contacts I moved saying "xxx on the local list is inside the group 'Other Contacts' but not on the server list. Do you want this buddy to be added?"

I hit Yes to them all and Adium shifts them back into Other Contacts! :rolleyes: Does anyone know a solution? I just want all my contacts in one group (or not in groups at all!).

TIA :)
  2. cluthz macrumors 68040

Jun 15, 2004
    Adium is a nice instant messaging client, but I from MSN I don't feel its that good.
    Have you tried aMsn or MSN 4.0?
  3. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    I am running an unreleased version taken from their SVN server but maybe you have this option too:

Go to view: and selected "Hide contact list groups"

Hope that helps.
  4. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    When I dragged my contacts from Other Contacts to individuals... they all reverted back after a restart.

I found though that by manually changing the group in Accounts... they all have since stayed where I want them.

So highlight a Contact.
    do the Apple + I
    Under Accounts TAB
    you can change the "in group".