Question About Apple Online Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Verto, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I need to change my order, so I've been checking in on my order, refreshing the page every once in a while, and I noticed that every time I update it, the estimated total becomes the subtotal, which then causes the estimated total to jump up. When I close the page and re-open it, it starts back at the original, correct price..anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

(Oh, and I placed my order yesterday, Sunday..when do they start processing orders? I assumed they would not be working Sunday, but it just seems that buy now my order should have been processed - I'd really like to make the changes before I have to leave for work)

2. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'd probably just give them a call via the 1-800 #. Prolly be the easiest way to change your order.

Jack

3. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

Well, I called them and was told there was little they could do since the order had not been processed yet. Got them to put in a request to have the 2nd printer I accidentally ordered removed, and was told to call back later in the hopes that the order had been processed by then. I hope so, as I'm not looking forward to having to cancel the order and start over, which would probably delay arrival until next week.

4. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

24 hours after placing the order, and it is still yet to be processed. I called them twice, at 9 this morning and again just now to check the status. Was able to place my request to have the appropriate changes made, and will await an email from them. Still, I'd hoped to have the order processed by now.

5. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

As of now, my order is STILL not processed..did I just hit a patch of bad luck, or has anyone else experienced this? It says the time to receive the order and process it is usually 60 minutes...I ordered it Sunday, this is now Tuesday..

A very disappointing first-time Apple experience, to say the least :(

6. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Well, this has not happened to me from Apple, but right now I am in your shoes. I ordered a nice widescreen Gateway laptop (rather have an iBook, but my major calls for windows) on sunday morning, and the order status is STILL "processing order" According to Gateway, that means "Billing address and payment method are being authorized and validated before released for production." I don't understand how it can take soooo long. It also has an estimated arrival date of Aug 11, which I don't see happening since they didn't even start to build. Once built it has to go through testing, then shipped from CHINA!!! I'm in the same boat as you, but different company. Just wait one more day, it'll be fine...i hope :(

7. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't put TO much faith into that order processing thing. My ipod mini said that the day I got it in my hands from Fedex. Two days later, it finally changed to shipping, the day after that I got a confirmation email saying it shipped. Mind you I had already had the ipod in my hands for a few days now.

I'd hate to say call them again but hey, if it was me, I would. You could simply ask why it's taking so long for them to actually ship your order. Was the products that you ordered shipping in 24 hours or 2-3 days etc?

8. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

I emailed them, and shortly thereafter all the pieces fell into place :)

The iPod has shipped, the iMac is being BTO, and the printer is ready to ship.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The timing of your orders sounds about right. It usually takes longer with a BTO. Patience is import with Apple. Not sure why a phone call wasn't sufficient though.

I'm sure that you will bee very happy with your new iMac.;)