Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simondfer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I don't have enough cash to buy applecare plan with my macbook, can I buy it later? I mean in a few month or 90 days. so I can get the same coverage for my macbook? yes or no?

ozontheroad

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
the reef
I don't have enough cash to buy applecare plan with my macbook, can I buy it later? I mean in a few month or 90 days. so I can get the same coverage for my macbook? yes or no?

you have one year to buy it.

it has to be purchased before the original warranty runs out.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Just to add to that: it has to be purchased AND registered within the first year. Otherwise you could buy it and not register it and then use the same AppleCare on your next machine!

Dubba

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Nairobi, Kenya
One further point; although you do have AppleCare for 1 year from yoru date of purchase, telephoen support runs out after 90 days if you do not buy the extended AppleCare. This means you would have to either take it into an Apple Store or communicate with Apple Care by e-mail. Ideally, if you can afford to, buy it and register it within the 90 day period. Just my humble opinion...

simondfer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
thx for all the reply, these answers are really helpful. I gona buy it within 90 days I think, anyway, I should get my macbook first,coz I am still waiting for the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.