Question about Bootcamp and Dual Core

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BKKloppenborg, Sep 17, 2006.

1. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

Hey guys i have a question with my Macbook Pro (Specs in Signatrue) WIndows does not reconize that i have a Dual core, just a Single Core at 2.16, its driving me crazy, Can i fix this to make it see the extra core and USE it? (XP Home SP2) One last thing anyone gottton Control Alt Delete to work what keys are they on Macbook Pro Top Right delete key isn't right??!! (Tried that delete)

Thanks, Brian

2. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

In the Device Manager, expand the processor link. If there are two processors there is it using dual core. Are you only seeing one there?

3. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

it says 2 processors, but i was told that XP Home does not use both, only XP Pro does. Windows will not play fear (Bootcamp not very well on High settings) While in Mac i can run Doom 3 Ultra high settings. So that is why i didn't think it was using 2 processors.

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

XP Home can use two cores – it can't use two processors. Pro can use two processors, therefore up to four cores at the moment.

5. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wired so its normal for System properties for it to say only 1 Core? 2.16?

I guess i was just suprised that it was not running Fear well on High compared to Doom 3 on Ultra high. Thanks, guys

6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Thats because FEAR is a lot more GPU/CPU intenstive than Doom 3.

7. demenas macrumors member

demenas

Look in Task Manager. The "Performance" tab should show two graphs under "CPU Usage History". Then you can see with your own eyes how the system is using the CPU.

Steve