Question about buying online instead of at the store.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jamesw, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Jamesw macrumors member

Okay, so I have made up my mind, I got persuaded to purchase the 15" MBP because you get a free Ipod Nano. I want to get the UNI/COL discount but I am only 16 still in high school. My cousin offered me to let me use her student ID online so I may get the $225 discount (MBP $2199 + 1GB RAM CDN) but will I have any problems trying to recieve the free Ipod and stuff like that? Or should I just go to the store with her and tell them that she wants it and just let her get it and give it to me?
    Thanks - james.

2. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Just letting you know, the goody-two-shoes brigade are going to flame you.

Generally the online stores doesnt even ask for ID. I know plenty of non college people who order from the educational online store and dont have any problems.

Technically that isnt legal, I also dont believe its legal for your cousin to buy it at the store and give it to you...but Im sure the moral police will chime in with the exact terms of service regarding discounts.

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

technically you're not allowed to use someone else's discount (student ID) to purchase something for you. You could maybe work something out with her though, but I won't post that here.

Z

4. Jamesw thread starter macrumors member

Thank tech. I'll try to figure something out. I've been saving up over a year to purchase this laptop and any savings would help me out. I don't WANT to scam Apple or anything, but sometimes you just really need the discount.

5. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

by CDN do you mean canadian? I thought the canadian promo wasn't out? :confused:

6. Jamesw thread starter macrumors member

7. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Can you give me the URL? I know that it's on the US Apple site but I can't seem to navigate to it from the Canadian site. I called the store at Yorkdale this morning and they said they had yet to hear of the promotion being available in Canada... yet.

8. Jamesw thread starter macrumors member

Ah, im really sorry. I dont know i saw it on the Apple website i must have been dreaming/on the American. I called Yorkdale/Eaton centre this afternoon and unfortunatly they do not know when they will have this promotional deal. This sucks, which means i will have to wait. Anyways, sorry for the misinformation, my mistake.

9. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

I'd rather have my integrity.