Question about classic, need help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vtprinz, Apr 3, 2005.

1. vtprinz macrumors 6502

hey, sorry that I'm reposting this (also in the software discussion forum) but I need a quick answer if possible.

I have an assignment for class that needs a program that can only run in classic. I got rid of classic a long long time ago as I never used it. Since then I've upgraded my ibook to panther. I tried putting in the original software restore disc that came with my ibook, but when it gets to "select destination" it tells me that it cannot install the software to my hard drive, and after that it has the word (null)

I've searched around these forums and the apple discussion board and they all say to do the procedure I did, but I dont' know why it won't let me install onto my harddrive!

Again, I hate to repost, but the software discussion page doesn't get many hits (in almost 40 minutes, my thread hasn't even been viewed, let alone replied to), and because of my procrastination, the assignment I need this for is due tomorrow :eek: :eek:

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

When using the Panther install CD, did you bootup your Mac using the C key? I would also run repair permissions prior to the installation. Good luck, I realize that it's always more difficult when a person is under pressure.