Question about Demo's

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Sep 27, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

My new iMac just came in yesterday, so I decided to try out some demos... so my question is: Is the gameplay,graphics, etc a bit toned down in the demo compared to the actual retail copy of the game?

Also: In call of duty 2 and halo, after I play the demos for about 5 minutes, in the middle of my crosshair is my cursor, this gets really anoying and any information on how to fix this would be great:D

2. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I've not ever read anything that's said this. I doubt they'd tone down the graphics as well, they're trying to sell you the game!

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

no way, they either just give you a crippled version of the game, leaving out access to certain features etc, or a version with only one or a few levels to play with.

they want you to DEMO the game, not just play it. What would a DEMO be without 100% graphics etc?

4. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Ah man, crippled. Why do I find this funny? The idea of a game demo hobbling along in pain just makes me laugh...

<harveypooka slaps himself>

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

LoLs, thanks for that.

AmbrosiaSW comes to mind in terms of "crippled" games.

either only letting you play to the point where you are so into the game, and then saying THANKS FOR PLAYING, please register to continue.

Or like in EV Nova where they just had an in game character (Cpt. Hector) pester you at every turn to register.

6. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I remember that! Cpt. Hector can suck my...I bought the whole series, damn good games!

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

EV Nova was an awesome game they need to update to like OpenGL...

Ambrosia is awesome but their OpenGL 3D games, suck monkey butt in terms replayability.

3D Escape Velocity.....MMORPG style!

8. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Don't say that! You know it'll never happen! :(

Hehe, it would be frickin ace. Really, really frickin ace. Gooball is one of my all time fav games; have a look here at me FINALLY cracking this level:

http://www.junktown.co.uk/random/movies/GooBall.AVI

Man, that was a good day.

9. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

I need a fix for that cross hair thing too ( i have both Halo and COD2 full versions)

10. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

anyone know of a way to fix this crosshair problem?

11. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

no they don't tone down the graphics as far as I know, and I have that crosshair problem too.