Question about Directv

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MyiBill, Jan 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has two TVs in the same room with each having its own directv receiver. Is it possible to split the coax signal and send one line to each box? I want to watch different sports at the same time so I know I need two receivers.

2. macrumors demi-god

thatoneguy82

I believe you would need to tell DirecTV this. Since they would need to know about the extra equipment and activate it to receive programming.

As far as splitting the coax before it reaches the boxes, it sounds plausible. But I don't know much about this stuff. So, don't take my word for it.

3. macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

A spliter won't work you would have to run a new feed from the sat. If your receiver that you have now has LNB loop through on the back you can run a cable from that to the other receiver and you might be able to watch different channels but the stations would have to be the same horizontal or vertical polarity.

4. macrumors 68040

steve2112

If you just cut and split the cable, you'll have to watch the same thing on both receivers. If you have a multi LNB dish, you could run another cable from an open LNB to the second receiver, and you would have different feeds. Also, you need active cards in each receiver.