question about edu discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by freeorangeshoes, Nov 5, 2006.

1. freeorangeshoes macrumors member

i used an edu discount to purchase a mbp (2.33/160gb/glossy) on oct 28. ive got an estimated ship date of nov 6. ive been reading on here people who have ordered the same configurations on later dates, and there machines are already shipping.

does apple delay edu orders? whats up with that? and why havent i gotten an email confirmation (even though theyve taken the money on my cc)?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Did you configure anything differently from the stock config? And they could be checking to make sure that you qualify...

3. freeorangeshoes thread starter macrumors member

yeah, the HDD and the glossy screen. i guess they could be checking to see if i qualify, but to even get to my university's page on apple's store, you have to login with your university id and password. so, in other words, theres no need to check...

bah, the wait is just killing me!

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

He added a glossy screen and HD. That delays shipping. I ordered my 2.16 glossy on Nov. 1, with an estimated shipping by Nov. 8. I thought, though, that Apple only charges your CC once your order ships, but they charged mine yesterday? I'm hoping that means that later tonight or tomorrow I get a shipping message.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Edu discount does not delay shipping.

Your CTO options did.

6. freeorangeshoes thread starter macrumors member

then why are users who ordered the same CTO build options after me getting their units shipped before mine?

7. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Could be anything delaying your confirmation order. If you're really curious, I suggest you give them a call and see if they can shed any light on this. Although I am sure that the delay is not being caused by your EDU status.