Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeorangeshoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
i used an edu discount to purchase a mbp (2.33/160gb/glossy) on oct 28. ive got an estimated ship date of nov 6. ive been reading on here people who have ordered the same configurations on later dates, and there machines are already shipping.

does apple delay edu orders? whats up with that? and why havent i gotten an email confirmation (even though theyve taken the money on my cc)?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
i used an edu discount to purchase a mbp (2.33/160gb/glossy) on oct 28. ive got an estimated ship date of nov 6. ive been reading on here people who have ordered the same configurations on later dates, and there machines are already shipping.

does apple delay edu orders? whats up with that? and why havent i gotten an email confirmation (even though theyve taken the money on my cc)?

Did you configure anything differently from the stock config? And they could be checking to make sure that you qualify...

freeorangeshoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
yeah, the HDD and the glossy screen. i guess they could be checking to see if i qualify, but to even get to my university's page on apple's store, you have to login with your university id and password. so, in other words, theres no need to check...

bah, the wait is just killing me!

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Did you configure anything differently from the stock config? And they could be checking to make sure that you qualify...

He added a glossy screen and HD. That delays shipping. I ordered my 2.16 glossy on Nov. 1, with an estimated shipping by Nov. 8. I thought, though, that Apple only charges your CC once your order ships, but they charged mine yesterday? I'm hoping that means that later tonight or tomorrow I get a shipping message.

freeorangeshoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
then why are users who ordered the same CTO build options after me getting their units shipped before mine?

daze

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
San Jose, California
then why are users who ordered the same CTO build options after me getting their units shipped before mine?
Could be anything delaying your confirmation order. If you're really curious, I suggest you give them a call and see if they can shed any light on this. Although I am sure that the delay is not being caused by your EDU status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.