Question about external harddrive vs. itunes 4

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by estavans_lackey, May 27, 2003.

1. estavans_lackey macrumors newbie

So, I just transfered all of my music (10 GB) to an 80 GB external firewire and cannot access any of the music unless I go SONG BY SONG and change the setting.

I've went into the itunes music folder location to change ...well, it's location. That doesn't work. There has to be an easier way to do this.

If anyone could provide any help, that would be awesome!

B

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

2 ways

Go into iTunes preferences and tell it to use a diffrent location for your iTunes music folder...

or... just move your iTues music folder to your new external drive then make an alias of it, and move the alias back to the origoinal place your iTunes music folder is. Make sure you remove the word "alias" from the new alias folder so it just says "iTunes Music" or what ever it says....

thats what I did.... and it worked just fine.

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm accessing a non- os harddrive with itunes and it works alright. just changed the preference for the location

4. peterj1967 macrumors regular

Re: Question about external harddrive vs. itunes 4

It works as I am playing tunes off my external drive now.

You need to do one more step.

Delete all your songs from iTunes. Don't trash the files, just delete the songs from iTunes.

Go to your new Drive, select all the music files, drag and drop them on the iTunes window.

That will re-point everything.

5. estavans_lackey thread starter macrumors newbie