Question about Game Boy Advance SP

Discussion in 'Games' started by ravenvii, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm looking to buy a Game Boy Advance SP. They're pretty cheap, and I'd like to play some of the classic original Game Boy games. But I heard that they've upgraded the screen to make it brighter at about the time of the release of the Game Boy Micro. I'm wondering, which colors sports this bright screen? I know Pearl Blue and Pearl Pink has the bright screens, but they're not my favorite colors... There's a Graphite available, but does that one have the brighter screen?

Thanks in advance...

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

If you buy it in store the box should say "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen"....wikipedia says that they still make Pearl Blue, Graphite, and Pearl Pink. Along with some Limited Editions

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm buying it online. So I can't look at the box. Suppose Graphite is safe, since they still make it...

4. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I just recently (within the past 3 weeks) purchased a Graphite SP from Walmart.com and it came with the brighter, backlit screen.

5. danny_w macrumors 601

And boy, let me tell you, that brighter screen makes a HUGE difference! It is what the SP should have been all along. You will see colors that you never knew existed, and textures and items that couldn't be seen before because it was too dark will now just pop out at you!

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup, just like on the Micro or DS Lite :p . They really do bring some games to life too, Streefighter for one!

7. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

my wife play's more GBA games on her DS lite than DS games.. probably because there are more... or something