question about Harry Potter iPod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mward333, Sep 8, 2005.

1. mward333 macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2004
    Of course Apple announced all kinds of new stuff yesterday.

In particular, there is a new Harry Potter iPod:

If you click on the "buy now" link from this page, it takes you to the Apple Online Store, but not the Apple Education Online Store. Ugh.

I am curious if we can get the educational discount for this product. I am sure that the audio downloads won't be any cheaper (they are always the same price for educational customers and regular customers), but we can probably get the iPod itself for a little bit cheaper.

I just can't find this special edition iPod on the Apple Education Online Store. It has the Harry Potter logo engraved on the back.

Does anybody see it on the Apple Education Online Store?? If so, how do I get there? I searched, looked, etc., and I don't see it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Those links never take you to the education store (at least for me). Most people buy from the normal store so that's where the links go.

I went into the US education store and had a look around, even did a search and without finding it. Perhaps you should call them?
  3. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Within iTunes, it says to look out from 11 Oct for the Harry Potter iPod - it may not appear until then. Or it may not be eligible for the edu discount.
  4. Euan macrumors regular

Sep 1, 2005
    I would be surprised if you will get an educational discount for Harry Potter books for iTunes.