Question About How To Record Xbox 360 Gameplay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Afro1989, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with Macs, but I thought you pros would be able to answer my question easily.

I love watching all those Halo 2 montages and I'd really like to make them since I always say to myself, "Ah, I wish I had that replay on video" or something like that.

I have no idea what I need to record the Xbox 360 gameplay footage. I've been hearing something about capture cards. Would i need to buy some sort of external component to hook up to my monitor? Can someone explain?

Thanks! :)

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

buy a tv or video capture for your mac and install it. make sure it has the the right plugs for you xbox i.e. s-video or composite. plug in your xbox and with the software the card came with you can basically see what ever the tv output from your xbox on your mac. Then after that just hit record at the right time and time. You can edit the footage after that.

3. busspuppy macrumors newbie

HOw to record

Ok i record simply using a camcorder i have a video i will give you a link to but if on your TV you have a video input and output plug your red white and yellow cords of your xbox into the video in and then plug the red white yellow cords that plug into your camcorder into the video output for detailed instructions or if you dont have a input or output goto this link its my video on howto record any game system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLjgdizMWEw good luck :)

4. aliencow101 macrumors newbie

PS3 recording

is there a 100% free (or cheap) way of recording my PS3 from my eMac...?