Question about How would WOW work on Laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by BKKloppenborg, May 13, 2005.

1. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

Hey guys well i want a new RPG game and i am kinda tired of Diablo 2 expansion, don't get me wrong great game just need a new one. I know Blizzard makes their CD's duel compatible with Mac and PC (Nice wish more makers did that) this is the only RPG game i could find.. So my question is how would i run on not sure which computer to get but probaly will be a Powerbook 1.5 ghz 512mb ram 64mb Video? How does it run? Hopefully they will update powerbooks to 128mb Vram (wishful thinking lol) or less likley i would get a ibook (Not sure specs except old new ones will come out soon) so how would i run for a 1.33 ghz 512mb ram and 32mb vram? or if they upgrade it to 64mb vram soon? Last thing is anyone know any other good RPG games that work well on Mac that are fun? thanks, Brian

2. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

RE:

Some say Mac's aren't good for games,they work well for me. I can play World of Warcraft on my iBook with almost no lag,with a PowerBook you will run smooth. Believe it or not if you look around there's hundreds of Mac games.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, you'll get a lot of the "Macs don't do gaming" naysayers but they've got a point. For far less money, it might be worthwhile getting a cheap PC gaming rig. Just quickly, you realise that you can get 128MB video cards in the PowerBook, right?

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Would upgrading the graphics card to a 128mb one be a substancial increase in performance? I am getting a PB for college, and I'm weighing in all the factors before I empty my wallet :).

scem0

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Depends what you do as to how you judge performance but I reckon if you go for the 128MB version, you can't regret it later down the track. Remember that you wont be able to upgrade it, so you kinda may as well.

6. white1827 macrumors newbie

WoW plays well on my 1.33 G4 iBook with 768mb of ram. I have all options turned off and get great framerates.

7. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I play on my 12" ibook in my sig, it plays great on 800x600 and things turned down, I only have view distance turned up. It runs really well(maybe I have low standards). I only REALLY lag in Ironforge.