Question about iBook

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by tviolation, Dec 25, 2002.

1. tviolation macrumors newbie

Hey all! I just got a new iBook to go along with my G4 desktop and satisfy my portable needs, and I have been babying this thing since I got it. This morning, it didn't have a single scratch on it and, sometime during the day on Christmas, somebody did something to it. I don't actually know what they did, but the lid now has a couple fairly large scuffs/scratches and about a gazillion little tiny ones. You have to look close to see most of them, but they are still bothering me!

I know scratches are a common problem, especially with a finish like the iBook's, but is there anything I can do to make it look better? Any cleaning products or anything? I already wiped it down with a soft cloth (the kind you use to clean eyeglasses) so all the dirt is off, but the scratches still show. I know that it will get scratched eventually, but I want to keep my iBook looking great as long as possible! Any advice would be appreciated.

2. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

there is a a hard wax availabe here in japan marketed specifically for the ibook. i imagine you could use a substitute, but more details i wouldn't sure of. all i know is it is white in the tub and looks like pure vegetable fat, i forget the name, you use it in cooking... then you have to warm a little bit on a cloth than wipe it on your ibook and then it's tranparent.

good luck.

3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Mmm, vegetable fat!

Along those lines, if you don't live in Japan, you could try car wax along with an auto polishing cloth. If for some reason car wax reacts violently with iBook plastic, though, then someone else told you this, not me.

4. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

i heard from someone that you should wax your tibook with auto wax. i havent tried yet. hehe