Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Is it a known issue that performance may be a bit slower at full charge? Maybe it's me being paranoid about my new computer, but I'm just wondering.

(ibook g4 10.4.4)

jocool5

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2005
Minnesota
Well that all depends. Are you comparing the performance while charging or mid battery life. If it is faster while charging there is an energy setting in the system preferances. When you get the laptop out of the box it is setup for a better battery usage and while pluged in it is set for better performance. Give that a look and respond.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Woo.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why it was being slow this morning but it is all working fine now. I was just using it for more things than normal a few hours before (iMovie, burning, etc). I think it was just a heat issue or something. Back to working quickly and effortlessly :). Thanks anyway.

jblock

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2006
I've found that depending what apps I'm working with tend to slow the machine slightly after awhile. If you have Safari on all the time it eats more RAM as pages cache.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
jblock said:
I've found that depending what apps I'm working with tend to slow the machine slightly after awhile. If you have Safari on all the time it eats more RAM as pages cache.

And depends on what version of Safari. The most recent revision, I've noticed, is more of a hog than before and some of the bugs from the past have come back to haunt it like with the floating default window position.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Do you mean when your iBook is plugged into the power? Because when it is, the power setting should default to "better performance" and hence perform better. If you mean fully charged and running on the battery, its performance should remain the same throughout the charge cycle of the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.