Question about iChat in Tiger and H264 Q

Discussion in 'macOS' started by swingerofbirch, May 4, 2005.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I have really been enjoying Tiger on my eMac (1 gightz, 768 mb ram).

It's running fast, and the only things it can't handle in tiger are the ripple effect and the smooth playing of those new fancy H264 HD movie trailers, which brings me to a question,
    where can I see examples of H264 videos that are not in HD that would play on my computer?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if I connect a Sony DV camera to my computer to use in ichat would it look as good as an iSight, ie would it use the new H264 format??

Also, do you all think it is wise to buy an iSight when they haven't been update for a while, ie updates sometime in the near future?

Also, I think I saw a post about mac users getting together to try out this technology before? Any good forum, site for that?

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

I cant answer your other questions, but I can answer these.

I use a Sony DV camera as my iChat camera, and it looks fine to everyone I chat with.

The iSight has been 'soft updated' over the past year, mainly for Display Mount additions and such. I dont picture them updating it for a while because the camera itself is already good. My friend just bought one yesterday