question about itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cornerdealy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. cornerdealy macrumors regular

May 30, 2006
    Hi, sorry I searched as much as i could but i couldnt quite find what i was looking for.

When I see some pics of people's desktops, their music controls are like clear and small and it looks like it's part of the desktop...Im sorry if it's hard to understand what I'm looking for...if you're having trouble I'll try and find an example.

Is that like or skin or something for itunes or is it a different media player?
  2. plinden macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2004
    Do you mean like this? (By the way, that's a link to an external image, not a screenshot from my Mac)
  3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    SizzlingKeys is what a lot of people have on the desktop to control iTunes. Take a look at the site and see if that's what you've been seeing.
  4. cornerdealy thread starter macrumors regular

May 30, 2006
    no, that's not it...of course as soon as I wanna show something, i can't find it. I'll try to explain it better...

it's basically looks like sizzling keys floater, but it has the controls for itunes, or whatever media player and it looks like it can be anchored...I hope it actually exists and I'm not imagining it...
  5. BikeMike macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2006
    there's a Dashboard Widget as well, and FoxyTunes to control it from the Firefox status bar.
  6. lonepilgrim macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2006
    I have a controller for iTunes (forgotten what it's called - not on that machine right now) running on Yahoo Widgets - which is a good app to reach the bits Dashboard doesn't cover.