Question about iWeb and .Mac...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spencecb, Oct 10, 2006.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Hey everyone. I had a couple quesitons about iWeb and .Mac services.

I am new to both and was wondering a couple of things. First of all, I can't find anywhere on my hard drive where iWeb is saving my website. I assume it makes a copy of everything to keep on the hard drive in case of loss of web data.

Also, I would like to put something on my website where others can make responses or comments to my blog entries or on the picture portion. Is this not possible at all?

I might have more questions when (if) I start getting replies. Thanks for the help in advance.

And here is the link to my website. Feel free to comment on it if you care to.

http://web.mac.com/coreyatmiamiu/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Look for a file named Domain in Spotlight. It's actually in your Home library's Application Support folder, in a folder named iWeb. :)

As for a comments section, sorry I don't know how to do this in iWeb. The best I can think of right now is to link to an email account where people can email you with comments that you then subsequently upload onto the site yourself. :eek:

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Thank you so much!!! I have been looking for a way to do this since I published my website for the first time.

Really helpful

Not to say you weren't, MadJew....just glad there was an easier way than uploading e-mail messages each time.

Thanks for the help on locating where my website is stored on my computer.