Question About Leather Couch Conditioning Stuff....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Mar 20, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

We have this leather couch and it's starting to wear down, looking brittle. Is there something that can fix this? Here's a couple of pics. You can't tell unless you're up close but my mom doesn't want it to get worse.

[​IMG]

Has anyone had experience with using leather conditioners and "repair" kits? Some reccomendations and input would be nice. Thanks!

2. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

goto your nearest furniture store and ask for leather conditioning, use that and it will look lots better

3. NightFlight macrumors 6502

NightFlight

I own a detailing business and I can tell you that Lexol is amazing stuff. You can buy it at any auto parts store and it can be used on everything from couches to saddles to car seats! That gets my vote for the lesser priced product...

If you want something a little more high end I suggest Griots Garage Leather Care and Leather Rejuvenator. As far as I'm concerned this is my favorite leather care product.
    Visit this link to buy. Great stuff!
    http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=H11142

Good luck! :)

4. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

5. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

I bought some stuff at Restoration Hardware that did a pretty good job on a beat up old leather sofa of mine.

It was in a tub with a sponge applicator. I just looked on their website to see if I could find a link for you but couldn't locate it.

Good luck.

darren