Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morphius111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
This is no biggie, but I have noticed that when mail checks for new mail, it doesn't show that rolling status (not sure how to call it) next to the mail accounts, so you truly don't know if mail is checking for new emails, or not.
I have searched this forum and didn't see any one asking this question, so sorry if someone already did.
Any thoughts?

morphius111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
It shows when there's mail to receive. When there's not it just plays a sound

I don't see it, in fact even the outgoing mail is not showing.
On the iPad it shows at the bottom, but here it shows nothing. Am I missing something?

morphius111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
No one has this issue if you press on the GET MAIL you truly don't know if it is working, or not? There is no indication, unless a new email pops up.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
This is no biggie, but I have noticed that when mail checks for new mail, it doesn't show that rolling status (not sure how to call it) next to the mail accounts, so you truly don't know if mail is checking for new emails, or not.
I have searched this forum and didn't see any one asking this question, so sorry if someone already did.
Any thoughts?

It was removed. If you click on the second icon on the bottom of the sidebar (the one with the arrow on) it will bring up the status bar.

morphius111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
It was removed. If you click on the second icon on the bottom of the sidebar (the one with the arrow on) it will bring up the status bar.

I did and it brought up the MAIL ACTIVITY, which didn't show status bar. Mine looks empty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.