Question about Marketplace

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Killyp, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    Hi There

I have a simple question. I want to sell some hifi equipment, and I was wondering if I could sell it on the marketplace. I'd like to make sure it goes to a good home, and there seems to be quite a few hifi fans on MR...

Many thanks!
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    Now why wouldn't you be able to sell it is the real question?

People have sold cars on the marketplace here, and someone tried to sell a lightly used cologne before.

Also i think an empty bottle of water once too
  3. Killyp thread starter macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    :p :p :p

Many thanks eva01! I just wanted to make sure that I didn't become a pain in the ass to Arn or anyone!! :) :) :)
  4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Killyp's question was answered, but I'll make a more general comment.

Our forums are Mac-oriented, but not limited to Macs. You can sell non-Apple-related stuff in the Marketplace, you can talk about non-Mac games in the Games forum, you can ask how to fix your Windows Registry in the Mac Basics and Help forum (good luck!), you can ask how to reprogram your pocket calculator in the Mac Programming forum, etc.

The forum titles and descriptions are useful guidelines, but the intent is that you pick the most appropriate forum for a new thread and not feel hemmed in by the exact wording of the forum titles and their descriptions.