Question about methods and actionsheets

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Nekbeth, May 28, 2011.

1. Nekbeth
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Nekbeth

Hi, I want to select the first button index of an actionsheet automatically. Meaning that I want the button to be selected as soon as the actionsheet appears. (no option)

I've try many way, but I can't make it work.

Any suggestion are appreciated. Thank you

2. jnoxx
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

jnoxx

U mean literly pressed? why would u present an actionsheet then.. Why don't you just activate the action based upon that action. instead of presenting an action sheet.

3. Nekbeth
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

Nekbeth

Thanks for the response jnoxx. Yes, what you say is true and it makes sense not to use an action sheet for the purpose I described. But because Im using an external API (Sharekit) that uses action sheets to present a Tweeter, among other services.. (I only want to use tweeter), I'm force to use that actions sheet. Have you tried Sharekit before?

The action sheet in there is very complex (for a beginner like me :), it uses many classes and variables in order to show that tweeter button in the action sheet. That is why I can't just take the method and apply it to my controller.

I was able to send a tweet automatically if the textview for tweeter appears, without me having to press "sent tweet".

But now, I got stuck with this actions sheet. I'm trying to find a way to make that first button pressed as soon as the action sheet loads.

My goal is to press a button a send a tweet. (retrieving the information is already done).