Question about Midi Sequencers on MAC

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by martam, Aug 8, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2011
    Donno if this is the right forum but maybe!
    My question is, I am a Former PC user who utilized Cakewalk 9 Pro for editing Midis with playback on Vanbasco KAR player (to show Lyrics). I use an external sound module (Roland XV3080). THe System works great but I want to utilize the power of My LOADED mac (ram & HD etc...) to play the same way and edit....etc....and be able to use an external Modile, while still being able to modify things the way Cakewalk 9 was able to. Ive tried Sweet midi player, Qmidi....etc....but the Module Glitches goin thru the USB to the Module (cuts in and out , plays wrong patches). Cakewalk uses Instrument INS (maps) to a load the Rolands Sound bank info which makes it easier to change patches/banks etc... I am looking for a midi program for the MAC the Makes this all possible. I would also like to be able to display Lyrics similar to vanbasco. Anyone else done this with success? What programs????

Does anyone know how I could write a Midi program for MAC that would work Similar to vanbasco.....I would be very willing to spend alot of time writing a great program...I do however have only small experience Programming (C+) on there resources for writing a Midi based program on a Mac...or is there compilers and decompilers that I could write similar code to create my own KAR/Midi Player editor?

Thanks SO Much!!!!!