Question about mods & WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by nick004, Nov 1, 2006.

1. nick004 macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2005
    Hi everyone,

I'm about to make the hop from PC to MBP, so excited. anyway, one quick question. Are the mods for WoW cross platform and therefore letting CT Raid work as on PC?

A quick "yes" or "no" will do, thanks.
  2. ijimk macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2004
    yes. All the mods i use on my G5 are cross platform. I mainly use CT raid , natura cast bar etc. I believe they all are. You may need to create the add ons folder in you WoW directory.
  3. Jsmit macrumors regular

Sep 10, 2004
  4. nick004 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2005
  5. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    The only incompatible one I know of is Voice Overlay, and it's not a true mod anyway (I only mention it because a lot of people refer to it as a mod). It's actually a Windows app.
  6. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    Ometh is a really good. It's been renamed as N-Mod or something similar. I haven't played WoW in nearly three, I sound like an addict...
  7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2006
    I successfully use Felwood gatherer, Gatherer, BigWigs, CTRaidAssist and Raid Tracker. It sometimes gets ugly when major patches come out, but I just enable them one at a time and run around a while to see if anything bad happens. Usually the worst that happens is that some XML error dialog keeps appearing in the middle of the screen.
  8. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    Very irritating. Ometh mod nearly lost dev support for a while, but they relaunched it with a horrendously designed website with lots of sound effects. I once had a look at the XML stuff, got confused, left...