Question about Motion 2

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by eva01, Apr 25, 2005.

1. macrumors 601

eva01

I have the 12" G4 1Ghz powerbook and i was wondering, will it work reasonably at all? i notice the required specs fit what i have but i was just wondering will it be reasonable on my system? I am thinking of getting it edu price and want to play around with it, should i wait till i get a newer powerbook (which could be a year or two)?

thank-you ^^

2. macrumors 601

stoid

I got a Motion demo thing from Apple and I installed it on my 1.25 Ghz PowerBook with 1GB of RAM. It was hardly even worth running. It was dragging ass like a dog with hemorrhoids. Seems that Motion really needs a G5 with at least 2GB of RAM to strut it's stuff.

3. macrumors 68040

Daveway

I doubt it. Motion suffers on my G5 iMac. :(

4. thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

damn i really need the recommended system for motion *cry* Now i will just either have to get more clients for my web design company or becomming Dr like i plan on then finally affording a G5 PM

thank-you for the replies.

5. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'll be interested in seeing how much of a speed improvement V 2.0 will bring. I tried it out on a Dual 2.5 G5 in an Apple store and was surprised at how long it took to render something....

D

6. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i've tried it out in limited capacity on a dual 2ghz and haven't seen nearly the speed that everyone cheers about. it's been pretty slow and painful really. so i don't get where articles like this get their title.... hopefully version 2 is better, but to call version one the speed demon of graphics? seems weird based on my (admittedly limited) experience

7. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

yeah it really easy to slow it down to a crawl. When you have DV video/particals/text/filters/ and some other things it really gets slow .Hopefully V.2 will be faster. :cool: