Question about my new Motorola v3 RAZR

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by h0e0h, Jun 15, 2005.

1. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

I know this is a Mac forum, and this isn't a Mac question, but maybe you guys can help me. I've got a special ringer set for my girlfriend, but everytime she sends me a text message, it plays the same ringer as when she calls. Is it supposed to do that? If so, is there any way that i can change the text message tone without changing her call ring?

2. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

I dont thnk so.
    As you have it setup, a special ringer for your girl, as in a 1-person calling group. This will also setup the SMS as well. Sounds like your girl sends you cute sms while your in the same room and ya dont want her to notice the special ring, hehe. Just josh'n ya, I do the same thing; although when my ex - whenever we were in an argument - called I'd set the callid group on my Ericsson T39 to send all calls by her to the voicemail (even if she #31#dialed me). Hilarious.

Seriously though, I think the best help would be at a popular cellular forum like howardforums. 1st do a search under motorola for your Razr & in FAQ's - just like you would in this site. Then also check under your provider - if you bought your Razr locked to your provider. I'm sure you'll find a definative answer in no time.

Good luck. And always be ready to answer ur girls call. Once she knows that its a special ring for her number, and you barely answer it, she'll be on your back about it. hehe, cheers. ;) :)

3. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

The problem is that i use a bluetooth headset. I keep it on my ear, but turned off because when it is actively connected none of the distinctive ringers play. Basically i wanted to know the difference in a call and a text message so i will know when to turn on the headset to connect it without looking at the phone. See what i'm sayin?

4. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I have my V3 set up so text messages make one sound and calls make another. This can be done simply under the Ring Styles settings menu. I did try applying a picture to a select group or people I work for so I can quicly identifiy them from across the room by the screen colour, for whatever reason though the image would appear for people who phoned me that weren't in my phone book as well. This is either a quirk of the phone or the fact I haven't read the manual properly. If you stick to the one ring type for text and another for calls which seems to be what you want you should be fine.